GSoC Coding Phase 3

CODING PHASE 3


Phase 2 result


Hey guys, GSoC coding Phase 2 was completed and I passed second evaluation. Here is the feedback provided by my mentor Naveen:




Week 1:

I needed an API in IGitt to filter issues of repository and organization based on some issue properties, to implement assign mechanism in GitMate. So, I improved the search API in IGitt to allow filtering issues in a repository or an Organization, by state, assignee and label properties. Checkout merged MR here.

In one of my previous posts, I have mentioned that I have added a 'pr rejector' plugin to close PR's opened on mentioned branch names. One of the GitMate users asked for a feature to auto close PR's on opened on GitHub,  I thought this plugin could be used for that purpose if we gave a Regular Expression string for branch names. I added support for accepting regex strings as branch names. Checkout merged MR here.

Week 2:
As search API was improved in IGitt, I started working on implementing assign mechanism. I added configurations to block assignment to certain labelled issues and certain users, maximum issues with certain label a user can work on, difficulty level order to be followed while getting assignment to the issues. You can check my MR here.


As my college reopened after summer break, it was a bit difficult for me to attend classes and find time to work on the project. I couldn't complete much work during these 2 weeks, I am sure I would be having a tight schedule in the next 2 weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoC coding phase 2

GSoC 2018 journey

GSoC Coding Phase 3 ends