GSoC Coding Phase 3 ends

Coding Phase 3


Last phase of GSoC period is completed. In this phase, I finished all the work which was pending in the previous phases.

Week 3:


I implemented squash command in GitMate, to squash all commits in a pull request into a single commit with defined commit message. This feature was supposed to implemented in the first phase, but there were some issues when giving multi line commit message and when there is merge commit, so I implemented a command to squash last 'n' number of commits instead of squashing given set of commits. Also, my cEP got merged, after many amendments.

Week 4:


I worked on adding assign request command which assigns and unassigns an issue to a user who requests for assignment or unassignment. Also, a user must satisfy all the eligibility conditions to get assigned to the issue. This one involved with writing many test cases. Check my pull request here.

I started working on merging all pull request review plugins into a single review plugin. Plugins which were supposed to be merged are approver, ack and auto label pending review or wip. Review plugin would handle approved, work in progress, pending review labels. This feature still needs some design, because in the future many plugins may be adding review label, but merging it with review plugin just because of adding review label will be weird. I thought of declaring the label settings in the main review plugin and reuse them in every plugin, but my mentor Naveen suggested not to implement this method as it may lead to errors if we turn off review plugin, but want to implement other dependent plugin.

I finished almost all the work of my project except the merging review plugins thing. Code submission starts today and I will know the result on August 22nd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoC coding phase 2

GSoC 2018 journey