GSoC Coding Phase 1

Coding Phase 1

Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last GSoC post, I will be sharing what have I done in GSoC Coding Phase 1 in this post. As I said in my last post, I had exams during this period and I had lot of work to do.



First week

I couldn't work first three days due to exams.  As soon as I got a couple of preparation holidays, I started working on writing a new plugin called PR(pull request) rejector, which closes PR's opened on certain list of branches, and leave a configurable comment stating to open PR on another source branch. This plugin will be helpful to automatically review the source branch of the PR and save the time of developers. Though I started working on it, I could not complete it yet, due to some migrations error, so I decided to work on another issue and come back to this later.

Second week

There were some exams in the beginning of the week, but I was free in the weekend, so I started working on a IGitt enhancement, to add mentioned_issues , closes_issues properties in Commit class, these properties were already present in MergeRequest class, so I moved the methods which helps to get those properties to Commit class and used commit methods in MergeRequest. My work(MR) on this enhancement got merged few days back.

Third week

I was done with my exams and I started working on a squash plugin, which squashes multiple commits into one. Initially newcomers will use "git commit" instead of "git commit --amend " when they want to change their commit, this will create multiple commits in a PR, squash plugin will squash those commits into a single commit directly from GitHub.

Though I started working on the issues, I couldn't complete many of them, I was running behind the schedule. I need to finish Phase 1 tasks assigned to me by next week and there are first phase evaluations in the next week. I will be writing another post next week, so stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoC coding phase 2

GSoC 2018 journey

GSoC Coding Phase 3 ends